Electronic scripts are now available – we have the technology!
An e-script is a QR token, much like a boarding pass on your phone. This is how it will work:
- During a consultation your doctor will offer to send your script as an e-script (QR token)
- You can choose to receive it via SMS or email –we will use the details we have on file and check them with you before sending
- We will check that you have received the e-script before the end of the consultation.
- The script opens on your phone or computer as a QR token
- Print the QR token or take your phone to the pharmacy. They will scan the code and dispense your medication
- The pharmacy software will generate a new QR token for the repeats
You can also choose to have the e-script sent to an alternative mobile number or email, for example if you need a family member to collect your script.
Not every pharmacy is currently set up to process e-scripts, so it’s worth checking with your preferred pharmacy. You should discuss with your regular pharmacy if they are able to receive the token via email/SMS/app at their end.
Hopefully this will mean no more lost scripts! If you do lose your phone or delete the SMS we can cancel the script and re-issue. We suggest you look at the possibilities of storing the scripts in a file on your smartphone (eg. on an iPhone you can created a folder under the Notes icon and save them there).